Will my nonprofit be given a 501(c)(3) number separate from its Employer ID Number (EIN)?

No. Your EIN is the only number issued to your organization by the federal government. When your nonprofit's 501(c)(3) status is approved by the IRS, you will receive a written notice, known as a letter of determination.